Sunday, October 25, 2015

Significant Figures

The hardest lesson so far in this unit is significant figures. The definition of a significant figure is "each of the digits of a number that are used to express it to the required degree of accuracy, starting from the first nonzero digit". During the notes, I became very confused because there was a lot of information coming at once, so I did not have much time to process and understand it, but after looking at some different websites, I feel like I understand a little better. Below are some links that I feel like helped me understand what significant figures are and how to determine the number of significant figures in a number a little better.



2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. This is the main thing I'm nervous about for the test tomorrow. Thanks for the links by the way. They should really help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your confusion with sig figs, I had the same confusion. Its a pretty hard concept to grasp, but the links you put up are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete