Thursday, November 12, 2015

Finally Made it into Lab!

So today, my partner and I both passed the pre-lab quiz for the first time all year. This means we got to complete our first lab! As for our class overall, there were four total lab partnerships that passed. That is quadruple our original record. The lab was about figuring how to find the formula of a chloride. We did this by measuring the mass of the empty beaker, the beaker with the piece of zinc, and the beaker with the zinc chloride compound. The first picture shows the piece of zinc in the HCl in the early stages of heating, so the zinc has not dissolved much yet. The second picture shows the end product after heating the zinc and HCl. The third picture shows my calculations to how I determined the formula of the chloride.




3 comments:

  1. Seemed like a fun lab.... wish I could have passed the pre lab! I really need to study harder for them. I am yet to participate in a lab this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this lab. My partner and I both passed, but my partner wasn't able to do the lab because she started to get light headed from all the smell and gas in the room. I thought it was a little hectic because I had to work fast so I didn't fall behind the other partnership that I was working with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the lab was really fun, I wish I could have just been there.

    ReplyDelete